1. Showers possible: There is a slight chance of rain before 3 p.m., with the rest of the day partly sunny and breezy, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy and windy. High: 46, Low: 32
2. Still shopping? The City of Boston has set up a pilot Retail Truck Holiday Shop, open today from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at City Hall Plaza. Shop from The Fashion Truck, Lola's Urban Vintage, The Brkfst Clb, Green Street Vault, The Boston Sports Apparel Company and Sterlingwear of Boston.
3. USPS deadlines: Need to get something in the mail by Christmas? The U.S. Postal Service has noted that this Thursday, Dec. 20 is the last day to mail something using First-Class Mail Service if you want to guarantee a holiday arrival. Friday is the deadline to mail anything with Priority Mail Service, and Saturday is the deadline for Express Mail Service.
4. Macs for Beginniners: The North End Branch of Boston Public Library is offering a free "Mac Laptops for Beginners" class today at 1:30 p.m. Participants must have a picture identification with a valid current address and a Boston Public Library card with less than $10 in fines.
5. Runners wanted: The American Liver Foundation still has spots available on their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. It’s challenging to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and charity spots go quickly. The Run for Research Team is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Liver Foundation. Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor at email@example.com or 617-527-5600.